- Schedule a doctor appointment. You can address any potential issues that may affect your child before the cold and flu season hits. This is also a good time to catch up on any vaccinations your child may need.
- Buy school supplies as early as possible. Most office supplies stores start to run out of certain school supplies around the first week of school so consider starting your back to school shopping a couple weeks before school starts.
- Clear a place at home to do homework. Set aside a place in the kitchen or family room where you can supervise and encourage your child while they do their homework.
- Prepare their lunches the night before school. This saves time in the morning when you’re already busy making breakfast and getting your child ready for school.
- Do not overload on after-school activities. One or two activities that teach skills and that your child enjoys will benefit them the most.
For more great tips on getting a preschooler ready for school, please visit our friends at Stroller Traffic.