Friday, April 9, 2010

A Plug

I don't normally do this, because I don't want people to think I am getting paid. Or that anything mentioned on this blog makes us any money. I wish!

Anyway, I got Mike Michalowicz's book The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur as part of the goodbye gift from Martha Stewart event in January (you can read about it here). It languished on my bedside table for a few weeks or so. Then Mike contacted me for comments. Of course, I said I'll get right on it.


Fast forward to the last week of March and our vacation. On the last day, having graciously gotten a half day off by my husband and kids, I started reading it. I gulped the first two chapters, and laughed the whole way through them. Then we got back home, and the book got buried under a mountain of mail. Well, I finally dug it up last night and finished the damn thing. One word - awesome!

I am a great believer in NOT having a business plan, if not for any other reason then because I simply don' have time to write it. Mike doesn't like them either. Yeah!

Ultimately, what the book and Mike do is kick your behind and make you do what you always wanted to do - a real life inspiration. So, thanks Mike! The glass is half full today!

No comments:

Post a Comment