Monday, February 14, 2011

An expert? Me? Really?!?

A few months ago I was contacted by a freelance writer from India, Mridula Velagapundi, about doing an interview that would be featured on her block and her upcoming book project. At first, I was very reluctant. I mean, what do I possibly have to offer to anyone? I am very new to entrepreneurship, virtual infant, have had a mild success at best with my company, and have ways to go to prove my theory of management: go with your gut!

Well, luckily for everyone, Mridula was not after my "expertise", but rather my experience as an entrepreneur. You see, and this is where we really hit it off, she understands there is absolutely no cookie cutter solution for women business owners. We are passionate individuals, often guided by intuition (a very valuable tool), and we somewhere deep inside know best what is good for our business. We just need to act on it.

So, after finishing her book, Mridula did the same thing: she self-published. Apparently, she was told, there really isn't a market for her book. Too bad, I say, because it is good. If you have a chance, please grab a copy. If not, make sure to read her blog, The Accentors, where you will find many great interviews, some of which were featured in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment