Friday, September 25, 2009

Trademarks and such

Not sure if I wrote about this before, but earlier this year I applied Woolly Boo for a trademark, and ever since then, I have been using the TM designation. Lots of Etsians have been making fun of me, my company being so small, but I thought it necessary, should this company strike it big one of these days... Better to have all that paperwork out of the way.

Well, today I received an email from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office asking for more information and additional photos. This, I believe, is a great sign that they are actually considering my application, since they haven't flat out rejected it. Hurray!

I know, I know, those that want to rip off the designs will do so anyway. My theory on that is that there will be those that are deterred by the TM, those that think twice about it (and hopefully decide not to do it), and those that don't care. I pray that the third category is very, very small, tiny in fact, or even better, nonexistent. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment