Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Valentine's Volunteering

So, one of the other Dreamers into Doers thought of an interesting idea: why would our Safe Horizon event be a one time thing? And the rest of us said: Indeed!

To that end, some of us are meeting tomorrow at an undisclosed location to deliver the Valentine's cards, flowers, wishes, and yummies. My kids and I started with making cards, but that didn't turn out too well. So, I decided to bake.



Above is the finished dough, getting ready to be refrigerated. Had to finish it by hand, as my antiquated electric mixer nearly blew out on me. Would it too anti-feminist if I asked my husband to get me one of those Cuisinart Stand Mixers that look like a spaceship, instead of a romantic dinner and whatever gift he planned to get me?



Since I didn't have the heart-shaped cookie cutter, I used the flower one, and just cut up the final products into hearts. Very easy.



Parchment paper is the best! I line everything these days. Just made a meatloaf for dinner and wrapped it in parchment before baking. Delicious!



And the finished product. My three sweethearts tell me they are excellent! Can't wait to deliver them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment