Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Verona Park Show recap

Finally, I got my act together enough so that I can join words into what might be comprehensible sentences. Reason? I have simply stretched myself too thin this past weekend. Between the show, a volunteer event, and a sponsorship event in NYC, I got about 8 hours of sleep between Friday and Monday. Oh, yeah. But, I survived, and here we are today.

What to say? The Verona Park is stunning. It is such a gem. The setting and the location were chosen very well, and judging by the attendance, so was the demographic. The traffic flow was constant. On Sunday even more so than on Saturday.

A lot of people were interested in Woolly Boo products, and I gave out a lot of brochures. I am very happy about this. Because, and all crafters will tell you this, an educated customer means satisfied customer. They know exactly what they are buying, and there are no returns and no arguments.

Truth be told, since most of my products are comforters and sleep sacks, I have expected a lot less interest, and am truly humbled by the attention we've received. In addition, there were a number of very seasoned crafters/artists/vendors present, so I also learned a lot from them. The camaraderie was impressive. I am looking forward to the rest of the summer.

To view the photos from the event, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment